Thursday, June 3, 2010

Save the Date!




Finished!

Kind of.  I think I've got about 5 or so left to write out, but I'm so close.  Every single envelope has been handwritten, which sounds terrible, but I've been lagging and doing 20 or so a day for the last week.

I just got the rough but completely awesome draft of our invites.  They're so perfect.  I can't wait to see them in person.  I'll post those as soon as I get a final and as soon as Chris and I can actually figure out what time we're getting married.

One issue I'm not looking forward to is figuring out how to tell guests we're not doing a plus one.  I can't even say 'I'd LOVE to have everyone have a date there' because I really wouldn't love that.  I don't want a bunch of randoms at my wedding that I've never met, and I don't want to spend time meeting new people all night.  I just want to dance with my almost husband, take photo booth pictures, eat, and spend time with people I care about and people I want there.  Plus, everyone we're inviting knows AT LEAST one other person there, so we won't see any wallflowers.  I'd be fine verbally telling all of my guests that... but fuck.  It seems like it'll be so much harder in writing. Who knows how it'll come off?  Ugh.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll just slip in something like this:


I think that'll work out just fine.

2 comments:

  1. awesome! I think that will work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea. But can I bring Stephen? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, don't be a dick! Yay!