Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kauai or The Big Island?

Gramma (the artist formally known as Gramma Crazy Pants) has offered yet another Hawaii timeshare weekend for Chris and I to use for our honeymoon.  This is totally tits, because hotels are expensive, especially bouge-fest resorts.  We really wanted to go back to the Ka'anapali Beach Club in Maui:
If this place had an ass, there would be majestic unicorns flying out of it.

But unfortunately they're booked all of November, as is most of Maui.  Lame.  So we have the choice of Kauai or the Big Island.  I mean we could do Oahu, but Oahu is like LA with better beaches, so why would we want to go back to that?  Yech.

But now we have a dilemma.  Big Island or Kauai?
This is what I've been told about each island.

Big Island!!
It's big.
Beaches are amazing and the snorkeling is great...
but it's a drive to each beach.
When you fly in, it's kind of disappointing because of all of the lava fields uglying up the island.
It's generally warm with little rain.
The hotels available don't have the most epic of pools.
The reefs are the 'healthiest' (fat fish?)
You can snorkel with mother effing manta rays.  And they're like puppies.
There's an active volcano on the island.

Kauai!!!
It's much smaller.
It's lush...
because it rains often.
It's relaxing and quiet.
Everything shuts down at 6pm.
The sea life is a little more interesting because of it being the furthest out.
It's gorgeous.
There's a place that looks like the Grand Canyon.

Arg!  I put up a post on facebook asking friends what to do, and pretty much everyone said Kauai.  My Dad swears by the Big Island.  I'm sure we won't be disappointed wherever we go, but I just want to have an awesome time like we did in Maui. 

And I'm doing this at Linda's while I'm in the middle of research of other wedding stuff and Jason just made fun of me for being at work when I'm not working. BOOOOOOO.  If I had a backyard like Jason's I'd be researching there, BUT I DON'T.  I have a terrifying plant balcony.  That's all.
Action shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, don't be a dick! Yay!