Thursday, October 21, 2010

Meet our officiant.

EVAN!!!!
Unfortunately, that's not Evan's actual body, but a cleverly photoshopped swimsuit model's body.  I think this pictures been around for like 5 years, and it tricks people all the time.  I wish I remembered who actually created this gem, because I'd send them a pie or one of my cats or something else awesome.

Anywho, I've known Evan for about 7 years.  We met while working at House of Blues in Anaheim.  Evan's always been an entertainer and an awesome buddy.  One of my favorite memories of Evan was while working at Gospel Brunch at HOB and setting up the venue for the second showing.  Someone turned on 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love' by The Darkness, and Evan jumped up on the stage and started to dance and sing along, and the production dudes turned on all of the stage lights while he danced around for the entire song.  He then jumped back down and got to work.  How do I not have a video of that?!?!  Sigh.  He's now a kick ass beer brewer in Southern California, and lives in Orange, CA with his lovely lady Aubrey.

So why did we choose Evan?  Well, getting married is a really special and personal day.  We didn't feel comfortable with some random dude that knows nothing about us writing a ceremony about us and being a part of our big moment (although I have to give props to my sister and her husband for picking a random minister off a list solely based on his name, Don Johnson).  Chris and I thought about who we wanted to have perform our ceremony and Evan was the first name out of both of our mouths.  What makes us even happier about our choice is how excited Evan is to do this.  Plus Evan is probably the funniest guy I've ever met, so I know that not only will the ceremony be wonderfully written, but funny and personal at the right moments.  And I know the dance floor will never be empty with this guy around.
Taken by me in Puerto Nuevo, Mexico!
We love you Evan!  And we can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, don't be a dick! Yay!