Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's been a while!

But we finally got our wedding photos back!

I felt bad nagging at our photographer friend for them, but I was so effing excited to see pictures and relive our day again. We actually had a couple friends shoot our wedding.  One photographer, Luna Azul, shot the bulk of the photos. While she mainly does portrait/fashion and pet photography, she's awesome I think she got the important shots that we wanted.

Me and the dreamy groomsmen!

Evan was our officiant has been a longtime friend.  Everyone said he made the ceremony beautiful and meaningful, but entertaining and funny.  I was in such a daze during the ceremony, but I snapped out of it when I heard him say "g-string dipped in honey".  Awesome.

Our awesome wedding party!  Including my cousin Kelsey in the front who was our flower/leaf girl.

Everyone asks me who the wedding drunk was.  I think Sonja, who is falling off the stage yet still posing, is the top contender.  Ps check out my flat hobbit feet.  Thos 4 1/2 inch zombie heels didn't last too long, haha.

Our cupcake toppers!

Chris and my babealicious bridesmaids.

Saying our vows.  Chris' made everyone cry. Nothing better than seeing a bunch of tattooed kids and tough looking metal dudes with tears streaming down their faces.

So happy a boob didn't pop out.

Georgetown Ballroom.

Chris made an AMAZING playlist that I'll post eventually.  Everyone had a blast.

 
One of my favorite pictures of the night!


 

One of our reception tables was The Overlook Hotel, from The Shining.  Chris and I came up with 14 horror movie locations from our favorite horror films and created our own unique centerpieces for each table.

The Black Lodge table, from Twin Peaks.

Our delicious cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes!  Our friend Berlin works in events at Trophy, and she put together these killer cupcakes with edible images on top!

You can check out Luna's portfolio at Luna Azul Photography!  She takes adorable pictures of puppies :)  Luna is located in Seattle.

Another photographer was my best friend Keleigh.  Keleigh is a really awesome wedding photographer, but she was also a bridesmaid so she couldn't take pictures of the ceremony or group shots.  She still managed to get a lot of killer shots!
The ceremony room setup.  One of the groomsmen lined the aisle with fall leaves that we had gathered that morning.

BEST PHOTOBOMB!

I'm a makeup artist, so even though it was my big day, there was no way I was letting anyone else do my makeup, dammit.  And my wonderful bridesmaid Sonya did everyone's hair.

Right before the ceremony.  I love this picture.

My parents and Chris and I.  My bouquet ruled.  I bought it that morning at Pike Place Market, along with all of the flowers for my bridesmaids.  Total cost: $55.

lovelovelove

Probably my favorite photo of the evening.

The lighting at Georgetown Ballroom is amazing!

My cousins Steph and Chris, and my maid of honor and sister, Jen and her husband, Matt, who was a groomsman.

Megan's T-rex arm nipple rubbing dance, and a very packed dance floor.

The owner of the ballroom had a prophouse next door, so he brought over an antique coffin to add to our Halloween themed reception.


You can check out some of Keleigh's work on her blog, and eventually on her website when it's up and running!  Keleigh is located in Southern California.

These are awesome enough and there's tons more.  I also heard that a couple people videotaped the ceremony which I'd love to see.  While I was terrified about tumbling down a flight of stairs when I was making my entrance, I was told that Chris' lower lip was trembling so hard.  I'd love to see that :)

1 comment:

  1. UMM as far as the "wedding drunk"... I specifically remember this coming out of Ricky Joes mouth before taking a 20 second power nap on my arm: "she's soooo Baberaham Lincoln! I bet she freed like 5 slaves!"

    Just sayin'.

    Rovery pictars Christy baby!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, don't be a dick! Yay!